Infrastructure (i) Establishing the PDX Room in the animal facility.
This room will allow formation of “avatar” tumors – also known as Patient-Derived-Xenografts (PDX).
Propagating these tumors allows to study their characteristics (RNA, protein), examine their response to therapy & mechanisms of resistance.
Infrastructure (ii) Establishing a Genobiotic Room
To be completed by summer 2017
Hard core microbiota-based studies require this clean room setting, to be established at the faculty of medicine in
conjunction with the recruitment of Naama Geva Zatorsky.
Faculty interested to use this room should contact Jackie Schiller: firstname.lastname@example.org or Ze’ev Ronai: email@example.com
Infrastructure (iii) From Single Cell to In-Vivo Multimodality Imaging
• Slide preparation laboratory equipment
• High throughput whole slide digitization
• Computerized image analysis stations, IPP
High throughput live cell imaging system
Low magnification high throughput live cell imaging and analysis platform for real time quantification of cell behavior inside the incubator.
Viability & Proliferation
Migration & invasion
Immune cell killing
High throughput in vivo optical system
- Optical (fluorescence, bioluminescence) imaging with X-ray for anatomical context.
- Multispectral imaging with spectral unmixing.
- Proprietary software for analysis and data organization
In vivo high resolution fast desk-top micro CT
• Bone repair
• Calcified plaques quantification
• Tumors and metastasis follow up
• 3D cardiac imaging
• 3.9 seconds shortest scanning cycle
• 2.8 micron highest nominal resolution
• Spiral (helical) and round scanning